Welcome back, everyone!
Yesterday I should have posted an Outfit, but, as this week has been delayed I’m doing it today… I’m so sorry! And, as I’m not being able to stick to my Agenda, I came up with a decision: I´ll change my previous Agenda and for now, I’m blogging only twice a week!
But, let’s go forward to our subject: The Nautical Inspiration Outfit. Let me tell you a secret: I’m a big sea lover, so navy blue colour, and everything nautical are among my favourite things too… I think that’s why, since I was a child, I always loved nautical outfits, mainly for Summer! And as a grown up girl, the NAUTICAL TOP, sometimes referred to as “BRETON” (in reference to the French region of Bretagne) or “LA MARINIÈRE” (the original purpose – sailor “marins” uniforms), became one main piece in my wardrobe.
We did talk about the Nautical Top, last week, as a component piece of the FRENCH STYLE, remember? The one in the Image below is a long sleeved nautical top:
Well, as you know, so long as you have navy and white horizontal stripes, you have a nautical top, and it became a classic one could find in most French women’ s wardrobe. However, now-a-days you can find stripes in every color and size, and it would still be called a nautical top. For me, anyway, it’s navy blue and white, point. That’s why the choices I brought up to you, as an inspiration for your own outfits, are in those colours, but of course it’s up to you to change them: Find the color, fabric, and neckline that best suits you and enjoy the versatility of this essential item!
Navy blue, white and red are a very common mix of colours on outfits with a nautical top, as you can see on the above left images, that show a nautical top and a white skirt used three ways, with red accessories and red shoes; on the center pic, where white is dominant – the pants, the bigger white stripes of the top – just a hint of red on the shoes; and on the right image a silk nautical top with red pants.
Now, below, have a look at the nice casual comfy outfit accessorized with a red bag and scarf.
Speaking of accessories, the pics below show beautiful accessories you may also match with nautical tops: golden chains (or silver ones, if you prefer), sailor knots on belts or cuffs, or even a single navy blue and white stripped scarf…
To finish with our Nautical Inspiration Outfits – and as you may rather prefer to wear a dress, a skirt or pants as a Nautical Outfit option – let’s have a look at different stripped patterned garments:
And last, but not the least, get inspired by a fashion and style icon like… Audrey Hepburn!
Have a FABULOUS Weekend!!!
I’m afraid, I’m a day late, because Mondays are for BODY SHAPES as I’m sure you already know, but yesterday was a very though day and I just couldn’t make it…
Anyway, here we go! So, today we’ll talk about the STRAWBERRY or HEART or INVERTED TRIANGLE or V SHAPE. Yes, I know the first two names are more fun and interesting, but all of them describe the same BODY SHAPE.
- HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE A STRAWBERRY?
First, let’s have a look at one drawing that shows the Inverted Triangle Body Shape:
Now, look at your mirror and compare yourself to the figure above. Well, what do you see?
- Shoulders are wider than hips, by a good couple of inches;
- Bottom half is smaller than your top;
- Little or none waist definition;
- Flat hips and bottoms
Then, you are a STRAWBERRY or HEART or INVERTED TRIANGLE or V SHAPE. Lucky you! You have great shoulders – halternecks are made for you.
That means you need to balance the upper and lower parts of your body and make your hips a little curvier,
YOUR GOLDEN RULES TO CREATE VISUAL BALANCE:
What you’ll need to think about most is to make your hips a little curvier, while softening the shoulder line and creating a balanced silhouette so that you don’t look top-heavy.
Keep your top half clean and uncluttered. Go for items that lighten or slim down your upper half and minimize your broad shoulders, but without erasing your curves and bust. Wearing darker colours on top and lighter colours on the bottom helps to visually create balance by narrowing the top and widening the bottom.
- V-Necks and other open necklines;
- Tops made of soft knits and wovens (their superior drape de-emphasizes the shoulder line);
- Asymetric or strapless tops;
- Keep cardigans V-neck and unbuttoned (softens the shoulder lines);
- Jackets constructed, or shaped with angular lines;
- Narrow lapels or no lapels on jackets;
- Coats can have patch pockets on the hips to add some curves.
- Empire line waist tops;
- Large belts that create the illusion of a waist.
- Shoulder pads or capped sleeves;
- Stiff fabrics on top;
- Horizontal stripes or small prints;
- Embellishment around shoulders and bust.
- Boat or bardot necklines, big straps, big shawl collars;
- Scarves around your neck or shoulders.
Narrow hips and slim legs give you tremendous choice when it comes to pants, shorts and cropped styles. Aim to create more curves and fullness to achieve the perfect balance to your more rounded upper half.
- Relax fit pants with embellishments and large pockets;
- A-line skirts or others that flares out: pleated from a dropped waist (creates a more “feminine” shape);
- Patterned skirts will also draw attention and balance your figure.
- Bootcuts, bell bottoms pants and jeans, culottes, wide leg pants, harem pants, boyfriend styles, pleated slouchy styles and cargo pants.
- Narrowing hemlines like pencil skirts or skinny jeans.
Now, have a look at the DOs & DON’Ts for your Body Shape
Just about finishing our today’s subject, let’s remind the rules, trough an Image of what best suits your INVERTED TRIANGLE, STRAWBERRY, V or FEART Silhouette:
Hope you liked this chat… Please, let me know your doubts, criticism, opinion... Write to me and ask questions about your own body shape, or what else you would love to know about this subject… I’ll be here for you!
Have a FABULOUS day!!!